Wei Xue (雪巍)
Department of Computer Science
Hong Kong Baptist University
Address: Room 801, David C. Lam Building, HKBU, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
Wei Xue is currently an Assistant Professsor at Department of Computer Science, Hong Kong Baptist University. He received the Bachelor degree in automatic control from Huazhong University of Science and Technology in 2010, and the Ph.D degree in pattern recognition and intelligent systems from Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2015. From August 2015 to September 2018 he was first a Marie Curie Experienced Researcher and then a Research Associate in Speech and Audio Processing Group, Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Imperial College London, UK. He was a Senior Research Scientist at JD AI Research, Beijing, from November 2018 to December 2021, where he was leading the R&D on front-end speech signal processing and acoustic modelling for robust speech recognition. He was a visiting scholar at Université de Toulon, France in July 2015, and KU Leuven, Belgium in September 2016. Wei's research interests are in speech and music intelligence, including AI music generation, speech enhancement and separation, room acoustics, as well as speech and audio event recognition. He was a former Marie Curie Fellow and was selected into the Beijing Overseas Talent Aggregation Project.
I am hiring self-motivited PhD students (2023 Fall) and postdocs (anytime) to work on aritificial creativity and human-machine interaction for AI music and digital humanities applications (see Project Information for more details). Please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested.
Beijing Overseas Talent Aggregation Project, Beijing Government, 2020.
3rd place in Far-Field Speaker Verification Challenge, FFSVC, 2020.
3rd place in Sound Event Localization and Detection Task, DCASE, 2019.
Marie Curie Experienced Researcher Fellowship, European Commission, 2015.
Outstanding Student Award, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2014.
ISCA Student Travel Grant for InterSpeech2013, International Speech Communication Association, 2013.
Outstanding Graduate Award, HuaZhong University of Science and Technology, 2010.
Undergraduate Research Award, HuaZhong University of Science and Technology, 2009.
- Champion of the Intelligent Car Racing Competition, HuaZhong University of Science and Technology, 2008.
TPC member: IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (IEEE WCNC) 2017.
Reviewer: ICASSP, IJCAI, INTERSPEECH, IEEE T-ASLP, IEEE J-STSP
Session Chair: INTERSPEECH 2020
1) "Speech and Audio Technologies and Applications in JD," SLT, online, 2021.
2) "Advances in Adverse Acoustic Environment Perception and Analysis," CCF, online, 2020.
3) "Microphone Arrays based 3D Speech processing: Speech Enhancement and Source Localization," Baidu Inc., Beijing, China, 2017.
4) "Microphone Arrays based 3D Speech processing: Speech Enhancement and Source Localization," Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing, China, 2017.
5) "Under-modelled Blind System Identification and its Applications to Time Delay Estimation," KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium, 2016.
6) "3D Machine Listening for Robots: From Sound Field Awareness to Spatial Audio Processing," London PhD Network Symposium on "Robotics and Intelligent Systems", London, UK, 2016.
7) "On Noise Robust Direction of Arrival Estimation of Speech Source in Time-Frequency and Bispectrum Domain," Université de Toulon, France, 2015.
8) "Investigation on HMM-GMM based Chinese Handwriting Recognition," Canon Information Technology (Beijing) Co., Ltd., Beijing, China, 2011.
- Membership: IEEE Member.