Wei Xue (雪巍) was born in October, 1989. Currently he is a research scientist at JD AI Research Lab, Beijing, where he is leading the research on front-end speech signal processing for robust speech recognition. He received the Bachelor degree in automatic control from Huazhong University of Science and Technology in 2010, and the Ph.D degree in pattern recognition and intelligent systems from Institute of Automation, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2015. From August 2015 to September 2018 he was first a Marie Curie Experienced Researcher and then a Rresearch Associate in Speech and Audio Processing Group, Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Imperial College London, UK. He was a visiting scholar at Université de Toulon, France in July 2015, and KU Leuven, Belgium in September 2016. Wei's research interests are in microphone arrays based speech signal processing, including source localization, speech enhancement/separation and blind system identification.
Marie Curie Experienced Researcher Fellowship, European Commission, 2015.
Outstanding Student Award, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2014.
ISCA Student Travel Grant for InterSpeech2013, International Speech Communication Association, 2013.
Outstanding Graduate Award, HuaZhong University of Science and Technology, 2010.
Undergraduate Research Award, HuaZhong University of Science and Technology, 2009.
- Champion of the Intelligent Car Racing Competition, HuaZhong University of Science and Technology, 2008.
TPC member: IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (IEEE WCNC) 2017.
Reviewer: CCPR 2014, ICASSP 2019, IEEE T-ASLP.
1) "Microphone Arrays based 3D Speech processing: Speech Enhancement and Source Localization," Baidu Inc., Beijing, China, 2017.
2) "Microphone Arrays based 3D Speech processing: Speech Enhancement and Source Localization," Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing, China, 2017.
3) "Under-modelled Blind System Identification and its Applications to Time Delay Estimation," KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium, 2016.
4) "3D Machine Listening for Robots: From Sound Field Awareness to Spatial Audio Processing," London PhD Network Symposium on "Robotics and Intelligent Systems", London, UK, 2016.
5) "On Noise Robust Direction of Arrival Estimation of Speech Source in Time-Frequency and Bispectrum Domain," Université de Toulon, France, 2015.
6) "Investigation on HMM-GMM based Chinese Handwriting Recognition," Canon Information Technology (Beijing) Co., Ltd., Beijing, China, 2011.
- Membership: IEEE Member.